Want advice from your doctor, self-help information or have an administrative request (such as a sicknote or test results)?
eConsult and get a response by the end of the next working day or sooner
Try the NHS App
During 2021, the Great North Care Record will revolutionise how patients access NHS services by enabling them to interact digitally with their local hospitals.
My Great North Care Record will start by offering patients access to their appointments and correspondence in collaboration with the NHS App. This will eventually give our patients access to all of their information from all NHS organisations in the North East and North Cumbria ICS.
We therefore want to encourage as many patients as possible to download the NHS App in preparation for the launch of My Great North Care Record later this year.
About the NHS App
The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. It has been designed to help people get more information about their health and care – and more control of how they use NHS services.
· book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
· order your repeat prescriptions
· view your GP medical record securely
· register to become an organ donor and change your donation preferences
· use the symptoms checker, including an A to Z of conditions and treatment advice from the NHS website
· access 111 Online, for advice on self-care and whether urgent help is needed
· choose how the NHS uses your data for research and planning Read about the app features here
Just like a banking app, the NHS will carefully check your identity during the simple registration process. The app has been designed, built and tested so that your personal information is always safe and secure.
Download this free app from your mobile device’s app store and follow the easy step-by-step registration instructions. It will help if you know your NHS number, and have a form of ID (passport or driving license) to hand. For more information about the Great North Care Record, visit Great North Care Record Great North Care Record
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
GP Services during COVID-19
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding as we have adapted our working processes in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. We have been impressed with how patients have been self-managing their minor ailments during this time and hope that this has increased people’s confidence in continuing to do so.
As government eases lockdown and as society starts to resume the practice continues to play a key role in maintaining the underlying health of our population be it Covid related or not. It is vital that we continue to provide care to all patients and start to resume routine work. In order to do this we have again reviewed the services offered at the practice and the following list of services will be in place effective 1st June 2020.
Despite services beginning to resume it is still important that you only visit the practice when absolutely necessary to do so. Many of our administrative queries and medication requests can and will continue to be handled over the phone or by email.
Services that will continue/resume where safe to do so;
Please note some of these services may be carried out remotely by telephone or video consultation
- New patient registrations (available online via our website)
- Unwell patients requiring medical attention following initial telephone consultation
- Investigations for immediately necessary conditions
- Symptoms consistent with cancer that may require referral
- Blood monitoring for high risk medications e.g. INR and Immunosuppressant’s
- Cervical smear tests
- Childhood immunisations
- Coil fits and changes
- Contraceptive Implant fits
- Medication reviews
- Pill checks will be done remotely if required
- Essential injections e.g. Prostap, aranesp, clopixol, testosterone
- Some minor surgery including Joint injections where appropriate
- Insurance reports, Medicals, DVLA medical examinations (on a case by case basis)
- Palliative care
- Postnatal and baby checks
- Ring pessary changes
- Routine reviews of care for people with long term conditions such as Diabetes, COPD, Asthma and Heart disease – remote reviews will be carried out wherever possible.
- Routine vaccinations e.g. Seasonal flu, pneumococcal, shingles, Men ACWY, MMR
- Stop Smoking clinics
- Vitamin b12 injections
- Wound management/dressings
Services that will be postponed until further notice;
- Ear syringing
- New patient checks
- NHS health checks
- New patient medical examinations, unless clinically indicated
- New travel vaccinations
- Spirometry unless clinically indicated
- To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, and to limit foot fall in the practice, you will not be able to book face to face appointments with the GP.
- The practice continues to offer telephone appointments with your usual GP.
- If the GP feels after speaking to you that you need to be seen face to face then they will book this with you accordingly.
- In order to assist in preventing the spread of Coronavirus please do not visit the surgery if you are experiencing symptoms associated with Covid-19 including: a new continuous cough, OR a high temperature OR loss of/change in smell and taste.
Helpful advice for when visiting the practice;
When visiting the practice for routine care it is important that you follow the guidance below to protect you and others;
- Covid symptom screening will also take place prior to entering the consulting room.
- Wear a face covering.
- Arrive for your appointment on time. To limit the foot fall in the practice please remain in the car/outside until a few minutes before your appointment. Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Refrain from using the practice toilets unless absolutely necessary.
- Use the hand gels provided.
- Please do not come to the surgery if you are experiencing symptoms associated with Covid-19 including a new continuous cough OR a high temperature OR loss of/change in smell and taste.
Managing your Medication
The practice WILL NOT be issuing printed prescriptions for the foreseeable future and all prescriptions will be sent electronically to the pharmacy. Please ensure you prepare for this change by making sure you have a nominated pharmacy.
Further information and resources on Coronavirus (COVID-19 ) can be found on the Government website.